The 8th Tsukuba International Coating Symposium will be held in NIMS, TSUKUBA, Japan from Dec. 12 to Dec. 13, 2018. This symposium, co-organized by the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) and the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), has been held every two years, in order to discuss how coating research activities will contribute to science and technology, through the introduction of research topics currently investigated in Tsukuba, as well as presentations by world-leading researchers. In this symposium, the focus will be on the following issues.
[TICS8 Flyer:PDF 1.2MB]
TICS8 Report [PDF:1.9MB] 2019.1.24 up
Date: December 12-13, 2018
NIMS, Sengen Site, 1F Main conference room,
1-2-1 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki Japan 305-0047
Restaurants 1F ESPOIR, EPOCHAL TSUKUBA
Oral and Poster sessions
- Novel Coating Processes I
- Novel Coating Processes II
- AI and MI
- TBC, EBC, Protective Coating
- Electronic and Functional Coating
Hotels nearby the conference site or Tsukuba Station (websites in English)
Food, Shop, Tourism...around Tsukuba Station
Classification of Presentation
- Prof. Nitin Padture
- Brown University, USA
- Prof. Robert Vassen,
- Institute of Energy and Climate Research, Germany
- Prof. Balu Balachandran
- Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Prof. Douglas B. Chrisey
- Tulane University, USA
- Prof. Kenji Uchino [IEEE Distinguished Lecturers]
- Penn State University, USA
- Dr. Scooter Johnson,
- Naval Research Laboratory, USA
- Prof. Jungho Ryu,
- Yeungnam University, Korea
- Prof. Te-Wei Chiu,
- National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
- Dr. Jae-Hyuk Park,
- IONES Co., Ltd., Korea
- Dr. Tim Abraham,
- Fraunhofer IST, Germany
- Prof. Yukihiro Sakamoto,
- Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan
- Prof. Minoru Osada,
- Nagoya University, Japan
- Prof. Takayuki Ishibashi,
- Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan
- Dr. Jungheum Yun,
- Korea Institute of Materials Science, Korea
- Prof. Tetsuya Yamamoto,
- Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Dr. Ryo Tamura,
- NIMS, Japan
- Dr. Hiroaki Ashizawa
- TOTO, Japan
- Dr. Tadahiko Hirai
- CSIRO, Australia
- Dr. Xabier Montero
- DECHEMA, Germany
Registration fee is 5,000 Japanese yen.
A banquet will also be held on Wednesday, December 12th, 2018. The banquet fee is 3,000 Japanese yen (tentative).
On-site registration available
Please register by sending email with the following information (No.1~4) to TICS8 Office.
This deadline is November 30, 2018.
firstname.lastname@example.org (send e-mail)
Please pay the registration and banquet fees by cash at the registration desk at the conference site on the day of TICS 8.
We cannot accept payment by credit card.
We will provide you a receipt for reimbursement.
Call for Abstracts : Contributed Posters
We invite submission of abstracts for contributed poster presentations for the TICS8.
Abstract submission deadline was closed.
Instruction for POSTER PRESENTATION
Date: 13:10-14:40, December 12, 2018
Place: NIMS, Sengen Site, 1F Sub conference room
Poster panel Size: 120cm wide x 180cm high
- recommended paper size of portrait A0
- -Posting the poster panels is available from 9:00 to 17:30 in December 12, 2018.
- -Please remove your poster panels from 15:00 to 17:30 in December 13, 2018.
- The program number will be posted at the top of each panel.
- Authors are requested to display their materials during the poster session.
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS):
General Co-chair：Makoto Watanabe,
Seiji Kuroda, Hideyuki Murakami, Masahiro Tosa,
Hideki Kakisawa, Minoru Osada, Masahiro Kusano
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)：General Co-chair：Masato Suzuki,
Jun Akedo, Tetsuo Tsuchiya, Shingo Hirose, Kentaro Shinoda, Takako Nakamura, Junichi Nomoto
Advanced Coating Alliance (ADCAL)