|Count from August/20/2004
QEMU with KNOPPIX
[CAUTION] The home pages related to KNOPPIX Japanese Edition, VMKnoppix,
etc moved to http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/index-en.html
Please visit the new home page for latest information.
KNOPPIX can boot on "QEMU on Windows" which is a virtual Machine on Windows98,ME,2000,XP.
New KNOPPIX iso image includes "QEMU". It enables us to boot KNOPPIX as VirtualPC and VMware.
Specal Feature 1F No Installation, if you use from CD-ROM. It doesn't require hard disk.
Special feature 2F No Administrator of Windows.
- Windows 2000, XP.
- More than 256M Memory. Desirable memory size is more than 512M.
- Media which includes QEMU
- CD-version@iso(knoppix_v3.4_20040517-20040820.iso). This is used as a
normal CD-boot KNOPPIX.
- CAUTION: THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. IT CHANGES FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF WINDOWS.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.THE DEVELOPERS CAN NOT BE HELD LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
FOR DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, LOST DATA, OR OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT
DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.CAN NOT BE HELD LIABLE UNDER
ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, LOST DATA, OR OTHER
DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
- No Installation, if you use from CD-ROM. It doesn't require hard disk.
Boot KNOPPIX on QEMU
- After logon Windows2000, XP as a administrator, please insert CD-ROM. If autorun works, you will find the KNOPPIX HP.
- Please open "My Computer" from Start Menu.You will find KNOPPIX CD Drive. "Right Click" the KNOPPIX CD Drive. Menu is opened. Select "Open" at the Menu.
- Please double click "qemu-0.6.0-windows" folder.
- Click "qemu-knoppix".
- QEMU run on a window of "cmd.exe" and KNOPPIX boot on QEMU-Monitor.
In "cmd.exe" you can run qemu command after (qemu) promput.
KNOPPIX run as a normal KNOPPIX in QEMU Monitor. KNOPPIX can boot without
option but we recomment to use light desktop manager (Ex. wmaker) becuase
QEMU is slow. Screen size is also desiable to use small size (Ex. 800x600).
The default language of Japanese KNOPPIX is Japanese. Please designate
"lang=us" if you want to use English.
boot: knoppix lang=us screen=800x600 desktop=wmaker
QEMU Monitor keeps the control of mouse but you can escape by "shift + Control".
- It takes time to boot. QEMU Monitor will extend.
- After desktop manger start, it is normal KNOPPIX. When waker is used, you
can open menu with right click.
- Internet is available.
- No uninstallation because "knoppix-qemu.bat" deosn't use hard
Problems and Solutions
- QEMU is universal Emulator. It is slow.
- QEMU@on Windows
- KNOPPIX on QEMU (in Japanese. Please select QEMU form the following HP)